Monday, October 19, 2015

Flexing My Muscles

I am humbled today by the hand of Heavenly Father in Our Life.

I've had family and friends praying for us, especially our children, and I am feeling the strength.

Not just spiritually, but physically.

Physical exhaustion is something I don't talk about a lot with raising 3 children with Fragile X, but it is a stark reality for me. I think that all the mental and emotional exhaustion starts to manifest itself physically and the thought of doing something more than pick up the house and wipe off counters seems like a mountain to be climbed.

I spot cleaned my carpets today, cleaned 2 bathrooms, washed dishes, did laundry and even made dinner. I mean, I feel like I conquered the mountain today.

Ya, I didn't get the work done I was supposed to do, (sorry to any clients out there who just read that and are waiting for designs or photos) but I got house work done that has been nagging at me for a while.

I know that having a clean house always makes me feel a little less stressed.

I am amazed at how accomplished I feel.

I even took the time to make a coloring page for Brother, have a pillow fight with Baby, fix Sister's bed and we had family home evening with some friends.

I feel quite defeated most days, regardless of what I accomplish.

Today I was OK with what I got done.

I didn't even beat myself up over what I didn't get to.

That's a step in the right direction.

It was also nice today, because all the kids were home from school and we had no plans.

We were just home.

The kids colored, "read," played and watched TV all day without coloring on walls, putting things into toilets, running out the front door, breaking DVD's or causing mischief amongst each other.

It was just a "ho hum" kind of day.

I needed that.

So did the kids.

That was my UP today—feeling motivated enough to do the chores I hate doing.

My next goal is to have a day for reading.

We'll see if that happens.

Do you think that cleaning the carpets with an old, heavy steam vac counts for my exercise today?

I tried to flex my stomach muscles while working...

This was a picture DrH took when Sister was showing him her shoes... ha!

Day 292 of 365 Days of Up

2 remarks:

Stacy said...

As someone who is exhausted ALL the time due to chronic illness, any amount of housework is like climbing a mountain! Be proud! It doesn't matter how much is accomplished, just that you keep moving forward. Love reading about your family. It gives me strength!

Marc and Rachael said...

Thank you, Stacy! I hope you keep finding strength to do what you need to do and find joy in the journey :)