Wednesday, June 17, 2015

His Summer and Their Summer

The girls are loving having summer camp every day.

I know it's still the beginning of summer, but I have to say that this is shaping up to be the best summer we've had in years.

Sister thrives heavily on structure, routine, and being with other people.

I tried hard the last few summers to make a structured and scheduled home and activity schedule, but it was never a success.

The last few summers brought us many tears, frustrations, melt-downs and aggressiveness.

Sister started off that way.

Summer camp was totally new to her and she didn't know what to expect, therefore she feared it. It was such a struggle getting her there the first day and now I am scared for how she will be when it all ends.

Like clockwork, once Sister saw the great things that were going on at camp she didn't want to miss out.

At this camp they get to have special buddies to teach them, be with, them and keep them safe.

We were lucky enough to have Sister and Baby's first buddy by a guy who adores them and took some pictures so I could share some of their moments from summer camp.


Her goggles get me every time..




 



I'm happy that our girls have some camp to keep them happy and excited.

I also love that yesterday and this morning Brother has asked me, "What are we doing today, mom?"

He loves his time spent with me and I love that we have that time together

0 remarks: