Monday, April 13, 2015

Mermaid Tail Memories

I was busy in my laundry room today getting everything organized again after having it taken apart to get old stuff out and new stuff in.

You know how it goes, when you start cleaning a room it usually leads to de-junking.

De-junking means you have to go through a lot of stuff.

Sometimes going through stuff leads to reminiscing through stuff.

Reminiscing through stuff usually brings back memories.

Today I pulled out a box of fabric pieces that I have been collecting/keeping for over 10 years.

I used to keep fabric pieces because when Kelsey lived with us, I taught her how to make Barbie doll clothes, hair bows, or other things we created.

Kelsey got pretty creative and it was always fun to see what she had come up with for her dolls.

I taught her once how to make a mermaid tail for a Barbie doll with some fabric and a couple of small elastics. (I'm not a seamstress. I'm just creative.)

In the box of fabric pieces I actually found one of the mermaid tails that one of us had made.

I don't remember who made it, me or her, but it made me smile seeing that and having memories flood back.

Then while digging through the rest of the box I found pieces of pajamas, jeans and t-shirts that the kids had worn at one point or another and it brought back those memories too.

That was my big UP today.

Memories.

There were other UPs too, like when Baby showed me and Marc her dance move, "step, step, kick!" It was adorable and I treasure every time she talks to us and shows us her sassy personality.

The other was coming home and seeing that Marc had added hooks and a clothes hanging rod to the laundry room. He was excited to surprise me.

Our Life is good.


0 remarks: