Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I am NOT a Pioneer Woman!

Before I post for the day I should go get the laundry out of the washer and put it in the dryer.

Hey, I'm feeling good that I at least remembered to get it in the dryer so I don't have to re-wash it again in the morning.

I'm patting myself on the back in my head.

"Sorry, Ranger," I just woke him from his sleep but was at least thoughtful enough to leave the hall light on and not turn on the laundry room light.

I lift the lid and look in the washer...

...

Hmmm...

It's still filled with water...

??

Did I do the wrong setting? Why is there water in there?

I start checking all the knobs and and settings and everything worked except the draining.

What?

What do I do now?

"Wring out the clothes and throw them in the dryer and deal with the water in the washer tomorrow," is the thought that went through my head.

Why did the washer have to break on a COLD cycle? This water is freezing!

Holy cow there's a lot of water I have to squeeze out of these clothes!

I want to blog and go to bed!

This stinks!

I can't believe I have to wring out my clothes!

...

Why am I complaining?

I get to throw these in my dryer.

I don't have to hang these up outside and I didn't have to wash them by hand.

...

I would have made a horrible pioneer.

I can't imagine washing all these clothes by hand on a scrub board.

We have too many clothes.

No wonder the pioneers didn't have very many clothes.

Wash one set, wear one set.

Genius.

I'm glad all I'm doing is wringing these out.

In the dark so my dog doesn't get disturbed.

Ugh! I've become a dog mom.

I'm sitting here in the almost dark so I don't wake our dog, wringing out clothes that are swimming in COLD water that goes up to my elbows when I reach to the bottom.

Yep, I'm glad that I'm not a pioneer.

But the UPside is that I still have a working dryer.

The downside, for you, might be that, that is all your getting from me today.

I'm going to bed.

I'm tired from acting like a pioneer woman for the last 30 minutes.


0 remarks: