Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Utah's Back Yard Hike


You know, where we live, I feel like most of the things we do are just in our own backyard.

Maybe not literally.

But when you live 20 minutes away from an easy family hike like this it really makes you feel like it. We're pretty lucky really. The Provo Canyon starts just a 2 minute drive from our house. There are so many things to do in that canyon, any canyon, but it's sure nice to have it so close.

So, when our friends asked us to take them out on a little hike we were happy to take them to South Fork.


It was great for our kids because they do better with friends around than if it's just Marc and I. Besides, with more people, we have more hands to grab our run-aways!


I brought my camera up, but forgot the extra battery and, well, it didn't last as long as I'd like, but I did still get some fun pics. I love this one above. Baby was walking so slow and Marc was so patient to be willing to fall behind just to keep her pace.



Lexi saw that she had a photo op so she was happy to oblige...



Still behind...

He figured he should start catching up so we weren't too far separated.

I love this moment with Pepe and his grandma

As always, I was very proud of Brother and Sister for hiking so well.
It was even funner, though, to see them hiking with friends.

This was the last shot I got in on my camera before the battery died...

So it was time for the iPhone camera.



After seeing that the hike was a bit harder than expected we had to split up for those who wanted to go back down to the park, and those who wanted to finish the hike.

Marc took Baby with him and Amanda and her mom, Rita followed.

He got some sweet shots of Baby while they were on their little adventure...



 



 Aw...



Meanwhile I had to take a selfie ...


Then Brother jumped in...



Then Sister...

And it was an instant groupie!



When we crossed one of the creeks there were hundreds of little purple-y blue butterflies/moths fluttering on the ground so I told brother and India to stop... this was them stopping dead in their tracks. At least I know they can stand still.

Here's the best I could get of the fluttering flies with my phone.


The hike had many beautiful spots to stop at along the way.



Sister was laughing hysterically for the last 15 minutes of the walk down.


This hike was simple enough for our kids and challenging enough to make it interesting for the older "kids."

I'm just glad that Sister was full of uncontrollable laughter...

and that Brother was smiling all day...

Baby is just happy to be anywhere...

More still to come about Austria:

0 remarks: