Saturday, March 22, 2014

18 Years

Marc and I celebrated our 18th anniversary recently.

We kept it real simple because I had been gone to D.C. and we have some special plans coming up in a bit that we need to save our time and money for.

We just went and got some ice cream and then went for a little drive and then came home.

Nothing big.

But 18 years is big.

I sometimes, almost feel like when I tell young people that I have been married for 18 years it is the equivalent to someone telling me that they have been married for 50 years. "Wow! 50 years? That is amazing? What's your secret? When I say 18 years to some they look shocked. Then when they find out that all 3 of our children have Fragile X Syndrome, so then they start asking the questions, "What's you secret?"

No secret really:

Love.

Mutual respect.

Mutual trust.

Genuine care for each others needs and wants

Commitment, even when times are rough.

Keep Heavenly Father in your relationship.

And last but certainly not least...

You need to kiss and say "I love you," at least twice a day


We went and ate our cold ice cream by the cold fire, there at the mall.

I just had to get, at least, some shot of me enjoying the fireplace on a stormy night.


On our way home I just had to sneak one more memory. At a red light I took a picture of the two of us in the car.

I am excited for what we do have coming up in about three and a-half weeks. We'll have lots more moments like this!

3 remarks:

Julie said...

Congratulations! And Happy Anniversary!

vickit43 said...

Happy Anniversary! It is a great thing to say 18 years. Not many can say this. My husband and I are coming up on our 25th this December. I am hoping we will get to do something special.

Marc and Rachael said...

Julie, thank you! And Vickit43, wow! congrats on the 25th coming up! That is something to brag about!