Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Tree of Tribute

Have you ever heard of the Festival of Trees?

It's pretty amazing. I haven't been in about 20 years and this year I made sure to go because my mom and her siblings donated a tree to the Festival this year as a tribute to their parents, my grandparents!

They did such a good job! My mom was very proud of the pedal-car firetruck she found, the chair and window she painted and the old stocking she found.

My grandma Ruby loved "Gone With the Wind" and my grandpa Fred loved to have every Christmas be a very memorable and special one with toys and goodies.

You can read an awesome story about him and his family in his childhood below. I couldn't find a link to it online so I hope it's OK I have the scans here that my Aunt Rosanne had…






I love that story, one of my Christmas faves! I thought of it the whole time I admired the tree my aunts, uncles and mom had done.







Here's me trying to get the 4 of us who went together in a "selfie" shot… I really am not good at those!
Holy cow,  it looks like my neck and my chin have joined into one… sheesh!
Why do I post pictures like this? Ha! Oh ya, because they're funny!

Marc is much more talented at that…

I love this man--I mean he is great at taking selfless of us, what would I do without him… tee hee!
To end off with I just have to show my mom in her Grinch shirt with the Grinch in the background (smile). It makes this posts title a little funny because now I keep hearing the line from the Grinch movie with Jim Carrey, "The Chair of Cheer?!"



Ha ha ha ha! Laughing all the way…

0 remarks: