Wednesday, October 2, 2013

So many reasons to be happy!

I am amazed at how high my spirits are today!

I'm still stressed to the max and so tired I can't keep my eyes open long enough to type a paragraph all at once before closing my eyes for a second.

I have so many reasons to be happy but I only have time to tell you about 2 of them!

#1 - After almost 7 years of Sister being on the waiting list for services with DSPD (Department of Services for People with Disabilities) she is now in the process of having Respite Care and Medicaid be put in place! Maybe another week or two and we have light at the end of the tunnel!



Marc and I almost don't even know what to do with this extra help. We feel a little guilty and extremely relieved all at the same time.

I am so thankful for the help she is going to receive and the benefits it will bring to our entire family dynamic!

It has been a long and stressful road full of paperwork, phone calls, meetings and tears, but we finally got to the spot in the road that shows a little bit less rocky terrain.

For any of you out there who are still trying to get help for your children with special needs, don't give up hope.

#2 - There are only 3 weeks left to the big event I've been planning since last October...

THE FRAGILE X ASSOCIATION OF UTAH PARADE OF PUMPKINS!

I am excited with where this is going! I am so thankful for all the help I have received this year. My family is amazing and supports me in so many ways! I can't even explain how happy it makes me feel that no matter how this turns out we have all worked hard to make this a success for families affected by Fragile X Syndrome. I'm happy about all the fun we are going to have and the memories that will be made! And I hope this becomes a tradition for Utah Families!




The icing on the cake was this article written by Sharon Haddock in the Deseret News! We've received a lot of attention for that. I did feel bad though, that my mom had to hear about us being in the paper from one of her neighbors.

I've been so overwhelmed with other interviews and planning and what not that I guess I don't realize who I've informed and who I haven't... sorry mom.

I AM SO HAPPY!

I CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY!

I HAVE EVERY REASON TO BE!

I am excited to tell you more reasons I have to be happy, but first, I need to go to bed so that I'm not grouchy while talking to you about being happy. (wink)

Oh, and if you're in Utah and want to donate a display register HERE

1 remarks:

Kami said...

I love your positive outlook! Happiness is a choice. If we take time to count our blessings, our eyes are opened to all the reasons why we should be happy. I try to incorporate the same attitude with healthy living at No Diets Allowed. Thanks for a great post!